Plan of the market square in Ghent, 1785
This plan is a combination of the ground plot of the vegetables market square plus surroundings and a three-dimensional representation of the front and side façade of the building planned at the western side of the square. The plan is in fact a building application submitted to the Abbey of Saint Peter in Ghent, owner of the feudal territory where the lot to be built upon was located. The three-dimensional view was intended to illustrate the potential changes that the square might undergo due to the construction of a monumental building in place of a smaller building.
<< Back to the list of objects